Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dusting Off the Old Blog

Sometimes you have a little time on your hands and all you wanna do is dust off the old blog. So here I am. I don't really know where this is gonna go, but I'm gonna start with something short and simple.

We just got back from Angelfire, where there was a bit of snowfall over the weekend. I noticed something that had me thinking several times during ski lift rides. When snow is falling and its very cold, and all that you would expect a tree to do is lay in calm silence waiting for spring, they do something quite different. They shudder. When they are weighed down from catching snow they grow weary and they shudder, letting their load fall to the ground. Now I know that there is a better explanation for this phenomenon, but I'm sticking with the personified trees on this one; they shudder.

No comments: